EMTEX is an independent and compact company that offers professional medical writing and related services all around the world to the pharmaceutical (human & veterinary), biotech, medical device and other industries, CROs and academic institutions. We have a long track record in supporting our customers with dedicated services. As we would like to expand our international services, grow and strengthen our team, we have a job opening for an Experienced Medical Communications Writer.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the development of high-quality medical communications. Examples include scientific publications, items for conferences (e.g. posters, abstracts, and slide presentations), promotional items, training material, and multimedia (e.g. websites).
Full-time (40 hours per week); in office/home office.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop high-quality medical communications material in line with the needs and expectations of our clients.
- Perform literature searches/reviews as necessary to obtain background information for medical communications material development
- Manage publication projects: develop timelines, identify potential target journals, and manage project budgets
- Be proficient in the principles of plain language, health literacy, and numeracy
- Carry out novel or complex assignments with minimal assistance
- Model a rigorous and disciplined approach to medical communications
- Ensure that all work is complete and of high quality
- Be familiar with appropriate regulations and guidances (e.g. Good Publications Practice)
- Comply with internal and client SOPs/WIs and standards
- Orchestrate an effective and efficient review process
- Attend or lead internal and client team meetings as required
- Perform peer review of draft material prepared by other Medical Communications Writers before external distribution when requested.
- Initiate and participate in process improvement and training initiatives, and assist in the development of SOPs/WIs.
- Assist with project management for a limited number of projects.
- Act as primary client contact for a limited number of projects.
- Perform Quality Control checks of documents.
A minimum of a Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (a degree in biological, veterinary, pharmaceutical or medical sciences) is highly preferred.
At least 3 years hands-on experience in Medical Communications Writing.
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
- Have/develop an eye for detail
- Further improve spoken and written English
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills
- Be a good communicator
- Have a team-oriented attitude
- Act/behave professionally with a client focus
- Be pro-active
- Always be eager to learn
- Further improve your writing skills
- Take ownership/responsibility of your document
- Be well organized
Excellent written and verbal language skills in English and Dutch (C1 or better).
We offer a competitive salary package and company car.
Interested? Please send your application letter with an indication of your motivation and experience together with your CV (attn. of Mr. Mario De Witte).