EMTEX is an independent and compact company that offers professional medical writing and related services all around the world to the pharmaceutical (human & veterinary), biotech, medical device and other industries, CROs and academic institutions. We have a long track record in supporting our customers with dedicated services. As we would like to expand our international services, grow and strengthen our team, we have a job opening for an Experienced Medical Communications Writer.
Successful candidates will be responsible for the development of high-quality medical communications. Examples include scientific publications, items for conferences (e.g. posters, abstracts, and slide presentations), promotional items, training material, and multimedia (e.g. websites).
Full-time (40 hours per week); in office/home office.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Develop high-quality medical communications material in line with the needs and expectations of our clients.
- Perform literature searches/reviews as necessary to obtain background information for medical communications material development
- Manage publication projects: develop timelines, identify potential target journals, and manage project budgets
- Be proficient in the principles of plain language, health literacy, and numeracy
- Carry out novel or complex assignments with minimal assistance
- Model a rigorous and disciplined approach to medical communications
- Ensure that all work is complete and of high quality
- Be familiar with appropriate regulations and guidances (e.g. Good Publications Practice)
- Comply with internal and client SOPs/WIs and standards
- Orchestrate an effective and efficient review process
- Attend or lead internal and client team meetings as required
Perform peer review of draft material prepared by other Medical Communications Writers before external distribution when requested.
Initiate and participate in process improvement and training initiatives, and assist in the development of SOPs/WIs.
Assist with project management for a limited number of projects.
Act as primary client contact for a limited number of projects.
Perform Quality Control checks of documents.
A minimum of a Master’s degree in a scientific discipline (a degree in biological, veterinary, pharmaceutical or medical sciences) is highly preferred.
At least 3 years hands-on experience in Medical Communications Writing.
SKILLS & COMPETENCES
- Have/develop an eye for detail
- Further improve spoken and written English
- Demonstrate excellent computer skills
- Be a good communicator
- Have a team-oriented attitude
- Act/behave professionally with a client focus
- Be pro-active
- Always be eager to learn
- Further improve your writing skills
- Take ownership/responsibility of your document
- Be well organized
Excellent written and verbal language skills in English and Dutch (C1 or better).
We offer a competitive salary package and company car.
Interested? Please send your application letter with an indication of your motivation and experience together with your CV (attn. of Mr. Mario De Witte).